Tuesday, November 4, 2014

New Blog

This blog has been impressed upon me after attending a weekday Mass this week. In spite of my busyness in my work and big move, I have to blog about all my answered prayers. How God answers even the simplest needs of His broken children! Case in point, I was so thirsty this afternoon after purchasing the Catholic Bible my apologist teacher recommended in one of our classes. It was the same title as the first one I purchased after I committed my life to Christ in my first charismatic community eons ago. I walked quite a mile after a brother in Christ stood me up before lunch. It was an unexpected meeting we settled before lunch because he needed my help. We are not close to begin with, but I decided that I will help him with his book project if he can give me a reason bigger than himself on why he wanted to write a book aside from there's a baby along the way. The right answer being to give glory to God. And the answer is already a giveaway. I hate people wasting my time, but that afternoon was no big deal for me as I scheduled my other activities within the area. I crossed the street and attended the 12:15 Mass in the Church where my aunt was married. The name of the Church bears the name of one of the greatest apostles to the Gentiles. A role model for those who want to make a 180-degree turn in their lives. After the Mass, I had to go to the nearest NBS to buy a new Bible because I left mine at home in my hurry to make in on time for the meeting which never transpired. Still, my morning mood was not spoiled because I ate in my favorite fast food resto in the metro. What damped my mood a bit was the long walk amidst the noon sun which had turned my pale skin from light yellow to brown to sticky (ick!). The Holy Spirit guided me as I attended my first and last Liturgical Bible study in the second floor of the Church. I was blessed to meet Fr. Arlo Yap, SVD. I have very high regard for SVD priests not because my uncle is one of them but because Fr. Titus Mananzan (and the other SVD priests I encountered) is also knowledgeable in his faith and has a personal relationship with the Lord.

This blog is all about the positive things happening in my life. No trace of pessimism (or so I'll try). Thank You, Lord, for making me broken yet blessed (got the idea from one of the songs sang in one of my favorite Church inn the east of MM because I have the best confessions there in spite of the distance).

No comments:

Post a Comment